1. The Annual Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony takes place in the Park at 5pm this Saturday, November 23rd. The programme includes The Lord Mayor, Cuddles and Polar Bear, The Snow Queen, Music with Angel and the Dublin City Rounders, an Ecumenical Blessing and a Special Guest on his one horse opens sleigh.
2. Our Local City Councillors, at a meeting last week, blocked a proposal by the Manager to commence a procedure to extinguish the right of way along the central portion of Shamrock Villas – the street linking Mountain View Avenue and Lower Kimmage Road at McGowan’s, behind Craft Restaurant, Plush etc.
3. At that meeting the Manager proposed to commence the process to change the City Development Plan to rezone a number of Industrial Lands, including Greenmount Industrial Estate and the old Eircom Warehouse at Greenmount Lane, for residential development. Harold’s Cross Village Community Council opposes this proposal in the absence of a formal Local Area Plan. The public consultation process is planned to commence on November 21st and conclude on December 19th. Details TBA.
4. Estate agents Hooke & McDonald have begun to introduce the soon-to-be-completed apartments at Mount Argus Mill to the rental market. Their initial pitch is:
“1, 2 and 3 Bedroom apartments will be available to move in on a phased basis from December 2019. 2 Bedroom apartments will be starting from €2,400 per month.”
5. BusConnects – The closing date for the public consultations regarding Dublin Area Revised Bus Network is the 3rd of December 2019.
6. Active Planning & development issues :
|Reference||Location||Description||Status & Press|
|*UPDATED*2409/19||Shamrock Villas / Mountainview Avenue||4 Town Houses & 8 ApartmentsClick: HERE||Granted by DCC12 Nov 2019Click: HERE|
|ABP 3056953026/19||Classic Cinema &Dublin Street Parking||91 Apartments in 3 x 5 Storey Blocks Click: HERE & HERE||Appealed by HCVCCGranted by DCC26 Sep 2019|
|ABP 3057282960/194544/173781/172186/15||Saint Clare’s Convent For all the DetailsClick: HERE||Add a 6th storey on 3 blocks 248 Residential UnitsClick: HERE||ABP Strategic Housing Development Application21Oct2019Click: HEREGranted by DCC 2018Click: HERE|
|4729/18||Rosie O’Grady’s & adjacent units||70 ApartmentsClick: HERE & HERE||Granted excluding a 5th floor 18 Sep 2019Click: HERE|
|ABP 3016024729/18||New Primary School at the Stadium||Temporary for 5 years2 storey 12 classroom Primary School||Granted by ABP with revised conditions 12 Nov 2018Click: HERE|
|3513/19||ESB DepotParnell Avenue||55 Units in 2 x 4 storey Blocks Click: HERE||Additional Information Submitted 25 Oct 2019Click: HERE|
|ABP 2463142966/10||Mount Argus MillThe Latest: HERE||179 Residential Units Plus 13 units acquired by DCCClick: HERE & HERE||Granted by ABP 246314Click: HERE|
|ABP 2431813792/13||Mount Argus Old Monastery Building||32 unitsClick: HERE||Granted by ABP9 Town Houses refusedClick: HERE & HERE|
|4046/18||Greenmount Motor Company||3 Town Houses & 1 Enterprise UnitClick: HERE||Granted by DCC5 April 2019Click: HERE|
|ABP 3045524735/18||DD O’Brien’s126 Harold’s Cross Road||2 Blocks / 34 ApartmentsClick: HERE||Granted by ABP23 August 2019Click: HERE|
|ABP 3041832154/19||Orphanage beside Centra||7 Apartments & a Retail UnitClick: HERE||Granted by ABP1 August 2019Click: HERE|
|2131/18||Rear of The Stone Boat Pub adjoining Mount Argus Park||9 residential unitsClick: HERE||Granted by DCC12 June 2018Click: HERE|
|3592/19||NCBI Furniture Shop beside the Post Office||61 bed Shared Living Accommodation Click: HERE||Refused by DCC18 September 2019Click: HERE|
|3426/19||Wharton Hall behind Marion’s Daybreak||Retain high roof & change of use Click: HERE||Refused by DCC28 August 2019Click: HERE|
7. Festival of Politics runs from Thursday 21st to 24th November: Surrounded by a photographic exhibition of his experiences in Kosovo writer, musician, photographic artist and local resident Eamon Carr reads his poetry and recalls his time on the war front. The event takes place at 3pm on Thursday November 21st in the Tailors’ Hall, Back Lane near Christchurch – on the 54A bus route. Click: HERE
8. The annual Christmas Gala Concert in aid of Trócaire takes place in Mount Argus Church on Sunday 1st December 2019 at 7.30 p.m. with RTE’s Joe Duffy as MC and Fr Brian D’Arcy in attendance.
The fantastic line-up of award winning artists for the evening include The Millicent Singers, the fabulous soprano Margaret Keys, violinist Vladimir Jablokov, tenor Dominic McGorian, boy soprano Davide Antochi, renowned pianist Niall Kinsella and the Dublin Youth Choir. Please apply for your free tickets to avoid disappointment by Tuesday 26th November R.S.V.P firstname.lastname@example.org or Click: HERE
9. Rathfarnham Castle would like to take this opportunity to remind you that their current art exhibition Over Nature is now open. The exhibition explores our relationships with others and how our futures are tied together. It’s curated by Valeria Ceregini and features works by Shane Finan, Beata Piekarska-Daly, Mary O’Connor, Guillaume Combal, Louis Haugh and Kathy Herbert. It’s open Wednesday to Sunday and admission is FREE. And this Sunday 24th November at 2.30pm you can join us for a special themed tour of Rathfarnham Castle’s recently preserved original kitchen area, exploring their use from the 16th to the 20th centuries. Using photos, the tour will also include info on the artefacts found in the castle during the excavations in 2014/2015. Part of the tour will be outdoors, so if you’re coming along please dress warmly. Admission to this tour is FREE. No need to book, just call in to reception.
10. Here’s contact details for our Kimmage-Rathmines Councillors:
· Deirdre Conroy (FF) email@example.com / 086 280 5413
· Patrick Costello (GP) firstname.lastname@example.org / 087 943 1494
· Tara Deacy (Soc D) email@example.com / 087 938 9904
· Pat Dunne (I4C) firstname.lastname@example.org / 087 776 4422
· Anne Feeney (FG) email@example.com / 087 295 5256
· Mary Freehill (Lab) firstname.lastname@example.org / 086 812 6378
11. Many more FREE EVENTS in Dublin this week HERE