When the people from the National Museum came to Harold’s Cross in May 2019, a short film was made. You can view it here:
Category Archives: News
In a recent event, Tony and Eileen McDermott were awarded for their contribution to the community. This achievement was featured in the recent Newsletter.
A big THANK YOU to all the volunteers who made the Community Festival such a success last weekend. We are blessed to have such a wonderful Park at the centre of the community and so many volunteers making the Festival happen. It’s powerful to see so many locals enjoying each other’s company in the Park. Harold’s Cross take a bow !
2. Classic Cinema Site: Garvagh Homes, a company owned by Northern Ireland-based developer Padraig Drayne, has applied for permission to build a total of 91 apartments on the Classic Cinema site. The development will consist of 58 two bedroom units, 29 one bedroom units, 4 studio units, 177 sq meters of retail space and 199 sq metres for offices in three blocks with five storeys along the street. Details HERE and HERE.
3. Saint Clare’s Convent: Marlet / St. Clare’s GP3 Ltd has applied for permission to increase the number of units under development from 220 to 248. The additional 28 apartments will be accommodated by adding a sixth floor on three blocks. Details HERE.
4. Interested in joining the Terenure Men’s Shed? Free evening on 30th May, 7.30pm Terenure Sports Club (CYM) Open to all. Dinner, refreshments and entertainment. Pop in and have a chat. Details HERE.
5. The Dublin City Community Enhancement Programme 2019 is now open for applications. In brief:
• Total of €212,306 available in Dublin City
• Community and voluntary groups and not-for-profit organisations can apply for a maximum grant of €5,000
• €40,000 is ring-fenced for grants of €1,000 or less
• Deadline for submissions Friday 14th June 2019
6. In case anyone is interested….this Sunday at 10 there will be a yoga session in the little square on Priory Road. It will be a donation class. Aoife Moore will be the teacher https://riverholistic.ie/aoife-moore.
7. Thursday 30th May is World MS Day and the MS Care Centre in Rathgar are having an open day with all sorts of things like a raffle, plant sale etc on Thursday from 10am until about noon. The centre is not just for people with MS but people with other Neurological disorders can go there too – poster attached.
8. Many more FREE EVENTS in Dublin this week HERE
Here are a couple of pages from the recent newsletter explaining the background of the festival which celebrated 10 years.
Get all the latest from Harolds Cross – Local News, Events, Recipes, Personalities & More
2. The next Festival Team meeting takes place in the Rosary Pastoral Centre at 8pm on Monday next – April 15th.
3. The former TR Motors site beside the Stadium is once again on the market. Michael Grant Motors opened their Renault dealership there about 6 months ago. Savills give it a guide price of €3m suggesting potential for an apartment block of 35 units subject to planning permission. See HERE
4. The next poetry & music event in Kyle’s of Terenure will be graced with Nuala Ni Dhomhnaill, and with Paul Perry, introducing Christian Wethered on
5. Dates for you Diary: “In Your Veins” with local young actor Jack Mullarkey runs in the Peacock Theatre from Thursday April 11th until Saturday 20th.
15th April – Festival Team Meeting; 27th April – Local Street Clean-ups; 11th May – Harold’s Cross Tidy Towns Team Clean-up.
6. Many more FREE EVENTS in Dublin this week HERE
Monday April 8th is the closing date for observations regarding a planning application to demolish a 2 storey house and a warehouse (formerly occupied by Insignia, Car Wrap & others) in Mountain View Avenue in order to build 4 town houses and 8 apartments on a 3 storey block. Details: HERE
Local young actor Jack Mullarkey stars in Lee Coffey’s highly acclaimed new play “In our Veins”.