1. Marlet has offloaded the Mount Argus Mill development to a German fund. Click HERE. Dublin City Council has agreed to acquire 13 units in the block closest to St Gladys Nursing Home.
2. Here’s a link to a property on Grosvenor Place that has plenty of interesting local historical associations. Click HERE.
And here is the latest on Saint Pancras. Click HERE.
3. The agenda for the July South East Area council meeting included these local issues:
DCC have agreed to acquire 13 units in block H of this development. The units acquired will include 4 x 1 beds, 8 x 2 beds and 1 x 3 beds. The units are expected to be ready in Q4 of this year.
Proposal to screen recycling bins in car park on Terenure Road North was examined in partnership with Terenure 2030 / Tidy Towns and Waste Management Services and will be carried out in 2019. Dublin Canvas has been asked to create a design.
Grand Canal Sub Group
The latest meeting of the Grand Canal Sub-committee was held on 23rd April 2019. The Canal Ambassador Scheme pilot is running well. There was a large turnout for the canal element of the Dublin Community Clean-up Day on 27th April 2019 in conjunction with the four Dublin Local Authorities and Waste Management Section DCC. The IWAI Dublin Branch Boat Rally took place in May on both canals. Waterways Ireland are to propose a new format for canal subgroup meetings in the coming months. The next meeting of the Grand Canal Subcommittee will be held on 4th September 2019.
Rathgar Village Improvement Plan (VIP)
The redesign of Herzog Park is the final element of the Rathgar VIP to be undertaken. The Nature Play Area was officially opened by the Lord Mayor on 13th September 2018. Works to construct the Multi-Use Games Area (MUGA) on the site of the bowling green are now complete and park landscaping is underway. The MUGA will be open in September 2019. This constitutes phase 2 of the works. Works to re-align the bring centre are almost complete and it will reopen as soon as leaf collection area is completed in mid-July. Internal planting, boundary treatment, and the car park area will be addressed in the final phase 3 later in 2019.
Please find below a list of events taking place in the South East Area in July 2019, organised or supported by the Community Development Team of the South East Area Office.
· 13 July from 11 – 4pm – ‘Funster’ children’s entertainment at Busy Park Market.
· 13 July at 2pm – Dartmouth Square Picnic in the Park.
· Every Tuesday at 11am – Dance for Life dance classes for older people at the Evergreen Centre, Terenure.
· Every Tuesday at 2pm – Let’s Walk & Talk walking group, meeting outside the Barge Pub, Charlemont Street.
· Every Thursday at 10am – Parent & Toddlers Group at the Evergreen Centre, Terenure.
· Every Saturday at 10am – Parent & Toddlers Group at the Evergreen Centre, Terenure.
· Every Saturday from 11 – 4pm – Bushy Park Market.
· Every Saturday at 2pm – Let’s Walk & Talk walking group, meeting at the car park of the Dropping Well Pub, Milltown.
FOREVER FIT (CORE) Older Adults
The Forever Fit Programme is aimed at older adults and focuses on activities to improve balance, increase mobility, strength, coordination and prevent falls.
Details of Forever Fit programmes running in the South East Area during the next six week period are outlined below.
· Programme: Chair Fit, Mount Drummond
Dates/Times: Mondays 7pm – 8pm
Location: Mount Drummond Sheltered Housing Complex, Harold’s Cross
Participants: Older Adults –55+ years
GO FOR LIFE GAMES Older Adults
The aim of the Go for Life Games is to involve older adults in recreational sport with emphasis on participation and fun. The games can be played in singles, pairs and teams and are played in a non-competitive way (as much as possible!) with participants encouraged to umpire their own game.
The programme involves the following three sports;
· Lobbers – adaption of Petanque and Boules
· Flisk – adaption of Frisbee and Horseshoe Pitching
· Scidil – adaption of Ten-Pin Bowling and Skittles
Dates/Times: Mondays 7pm – 8pm/Wednesdays 3pm-4pm
Location: Mount Drummond Court, Harold’s Cross (Mondays) Beechwood Centre, Ranelagh (Wednesdays)
Participants: Mixed 55+ years
4. McGarry’s Pub got a nice summer write-up in Lovin’ Dublin. Click HERE.
5. Did you enjoy the Dublin Concert Band in the Park on the Saturday afternoon of the Festival? If so, or if you missed them, you can avail of a repeat performance during their summer programme in other local Parks: July 21st 12noon- 2pm – St. Patrick’s Park beside the Cathedral and August 11th 2-4pm back in Harold’s Cross Park !
6. Many more FREE EVENTS in Dublin this week HERE