Occasional News – Christmas Eve 2020
- The HXGrow Project held it’s first ever Creative Christmas Foliage Foraging event on Saturday 5th December. The idea is that people would “forage” seasonable foliage from their gardens or attics and leave them at their front gates for others to collect. The collectables included dried flowers, holly, gilded pinecones, pampas grass, berried ivy, wreath frames, oasis and much more. A map with 17 locations assisted foragers of all ages to locate the goodies. Local artists Niki Collier and Liz Nilsson put a tutorial video on YouTube to assist novices in creating seasonal decorations. The outcome was a spectacular success with amazing door wreaths, table centres and Christmas decorations appearing as if from thin-air !
You can see the amazing results for yourself HERE.
How many of these masterpieces you can spot in the neighbourhood ?
Niki & Liz’s video is HERE.
More of their wonderful work HERE and HERE
If you would like to join the HXGrow WhatsApp Group Click HERE.
2. Planning : The main developments since the last update are :
a. St Clare’s : An Bord Pleanála has decided to hold an oral hearing into Marlet’s application to add another 28 apartments and extra floors to the 220 already granted. A date has not been decided as yet.
b. Hall of Lights : An Bord Pleanála has postponed a decision until 28th Jan 2021.
c. The Green Fox : DCC has granted temporary permission for an outdoor dining area complete with a fully retractable motorized pergola for a period of five years subject to retaining the 1.8m footpath at the lamppost.
d. 261 Harold’s Cross Road : Permission refused for retention of extensive works that are incongruous and harmful to its character and that of the streetscape and would set a harmful precedent for similar proposals.
3. A New Year Resolution : Would you like to develop your creative writing in the new year? Are you keen to explore your local environment and its heritage? A six week course, working online with Harold’s Cross Writer-in-Residence Amanda Bell begins in February 2021. The aim is to look at your locality with new eyes, studying how writers have created a sense of place, and working with prompts related to Harold’s Cross through the ages. More details in early January.
4. The GOAL Mile: Too has gone virtual. So no community Christmas morning gallop in Sundrive Park this year. You can still make your usual contribution. Click: HERE
- Here’s contact details for our Kimmage-Rathmines Councillors:
Deirdre Conroy (FF) email@example.com / 086 280 5413
Carolyn Moore (GP) firstname.lastname@example.org/ 087 645 2800
Tara Deacy (Soc D) email@example.com / 087 938 9904
Pat Dunne (I4C) firstname.lastname@example.org / 087 776 4422
Anne Feeney (FG) email@example.com / 087 295 5256
Mary Freehill (Lab) firstname.lastname@example.org / 086 812 6378
- Many more FREE EVENTS in Dublin this week HERE