News for March 2021
Planning : The main developments since the last update are :
· Shamrock Villas : A site notice dated 12 February 2021 is erected along the lane at Shamrock Villas stating that an application for registration as owner with an Absolute Title has been lodged with the Property Registration Authority on behalf of Harold Properties Limited. This is the area roughly between YF Gym and Mountain View Avenue. The deadline for objections is Thursday 11th March. You can do this via email to email@example.com with “Attn: Denis Connolly Ref: D2020LR161202C” in the Subject line. More info at www.prai.ie.
· Mount Argus Mill Railings & Gates : Patrizia Mount Argus S.á.r.l has appealed DCC’s decision to refuse retention of the unauthorised gates, railings and bollards at Mount Argus Mil to An Bord Pleanála. The closing date for submissions is Wednesday March 10th. Click: HERE
· St Clare’s : An Bord Pleanála granted permission with conditions including removal of the eastern extent of the 5th storey in Block F and reinstatement of the approved 5th storey plan. This means removing 3 units resulting in a new total of 245 units. Click: HERE
· Classic Cinema : A compliance submission including samples of the materials, colours and textures of all the external finishes and boundaries to the proposed development, including external facades, signage, pavement finishes, and bicycle stands is included HERE
2. The Classic Cinema development has been named Elm Ville. The process of finding a name for a new development is interesting. Candidate names are researched by the developers for discussion with DCC Planning. A report with a recommendation is presented to local councillors for discussion and their approval.
- ’Holding It Together Apart’ : is a Community Development project aimed at helping people to maintain their physical, spiritual and mental well-being at home. It has a huge range of FREE easy-to-access activities, events, classes and talks with literally something for everybody. Click:HERE
- HX Community Festival ‘21: The Festival Team is hard at work behind the scenes scheming and cajoling to bring the delights of the Community Festival to the village in the middle of May. A programme of live and virtual (but real) events is in pipeline. Despite the restrictions the team plan to reach as many local residents as possible working with Residents Associations, Schools, clubs and Dublin City Council. If you have dreams, talents, ideas, suggestions or initiatives we would love to hear them. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Irish Air Corps Recruiting Apprentice Technicians
The Irish Air Corps are looking for motivated people who enjoy working in a team environment to become part of the Air Corps maintenance team providing technical support to the fleet. The training complies with the Technical University Dublin Education awards and graduates of this programme will be eligible for a Level 7 Bachelor of Engineering in Military Aviation Technology. Successful candidates, upon qualification, will also receive SOLAS accreditation and an EASA Part 66 Category B licence. Applicants must be at least 18 years old and younger than 23 years old on the 1st September 2021. There’s a video on this page VIDEO. Click Here to Apply
- Here’s contact details for our Kimmage-Rathmines Councillors:
Deirdre Conroy (FF) email@example.com / 086 280 5413
Carolyn Moore (GP) firstname.lastname@example.org/ 087 645 2800
Tara Deacy (Soc D) email@example.com / 087 938 9904
Pat Dunne (I4C) firstname.lastname@example.org / 087 776 4422
Anne Feeney (FG) email@example.com / 087 295 5256
Mary Freehill (Lab) firstname.lastname@example.org / 086 812 6378
- Many more FREE EVENTS in Dublin this week HERE