Harold’s Cross News – September 2019
The new primary school at the Greyhound Stadium opened this week. A number of temporary classrooms are currently accommodating junior & senior infants transferred from the Dublin South City Educate Together Schools. The school is for the catchment area Dublin6-Clonskeagh and Dublin 6W. Cian Gleeson has been appointed Principal. See: HERE and HERE
A march in support of extending the catchment area to include Dublin 8 and 12 in this and the planned post-primary school takes place this afternoon – Friday 30th – at 3pm commencing in Harold’s Cross Park. See: HERE
Applications for Patronage of the new Post-primary schools closed on August 28th. See:HERE
2. Active Planning& development issues:
|2966/10||Mount Argus Mill||180 Residential UnitsClick: HERE||Granted by ABP|
|3792/13||Mount Argus Old Monastery Building||33 ApartmentsClick: HERE||Granted by ABP|
|4544/17||Saint Clare’s Convent||153 Residential UnitsClick: HERE||Granted by ABP2017|
|4046/18||Greenmount Motor Company||3 Town Houses &1 Enterprise UnitClick: HERE||Granted by ABP26 Aug 2019|
|4729/18||Rosie O’Grady’s & adjacent units||70 ApartmentsClick: HERE||Granted excluding a 5th floor 19 Jul 2019|
|4735/18||DD O’Brien’s126 Harold’s Cross Road||2 Blocks / 34 ApartmentsClick: HERE||Granted by ABP26 Aug 2019|
|2154/19||Orphanage beside Centra||13 ApartmentsClick: HERE||Granted by ABP2 Aug 2019|
|2409/19||Shamrock Villas / Mountainview Avenue||4 Town Houses &8 ApartmentsClick: HERE||Additional Information Submitted 9 Aug 2019|
|3026/19||Classic Cinema & Dublin Street Parking||91 Apartments in 3 Blocks & 5 Storeys Click: HERE||Additional Information Requested 11 Jul 2019|
|3426/19||Wharton Hall behind Marion’s Daybreak||Retain high roof & change of use Click: HERE||Observations closed7 Aug 2019|
|3513/19||ESB DepotParnell Avenue||55 Units in 2 x 4 storey BlocksClick: HERE||Observations closed19 Aug 2019|
|3592/19||NCBI Furniture Shop beside the Post Office||61 bed Shared Living AccommodationClick: HERE||Observations closed28 Aug 2019|
Development in progress at Saint Pancras and the site at Kenilworth Motors are not included above.
3. Local Job Opportunity: MediaHQ are hiring Researchers
MediaHQ, a local media intelligence company based in Harold’s Cross, are looking for local talent who are interested in becoming media researchers. Here are the details:
MediaHQ.com is trusted by thousands of communication and PR professionals to provide up-to-date media contacts, to get their story to the right person first time every time.
We are looking for a Research Manager as well as full-time and part-time media researchers to join our diverse team in Harold’s Cross. Someone who is passionate about staying ahead of the game, interested in the media industry and an enthusiastic self-motivator.
This is a great opportunity to learn a new skill and be the first to know what’s happening in the media all while working in Harold’s Cross.
Click here for more information.
4. The Lower Kimmage Road Residents Association (LOKRA) continues to liaise with the National Transport Authority, local Public Representatives and neighbouring interest groups concerning BusConnects – Route 11 / the F Spine. A recent article in the Irish Times speculated about the location of bus gates at the KCR and at the Cross at the Park near the Hospice. See: HERE
5. Free Sustainable Gardening Course – see attached.
6. Ireland’s BIGGEST coffee morning for Hospice returns for its 27th year on Thursday September 19th. See: HERE
7. Tuesday, September 10th – Public lecture by Nancy Atkinson, space science writer and author The Irish Astronomical Society and the Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies, along with Belvedere College, SJ, are delighted to present a FREElecture on Tuesday, September 10th in Belvedere College, Dublin by renowned US-based space science writer Nancy Atkinson. The talk will be in the Lecture Theatre in the College at 7pm. You can book for this talk at: https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/eight-years-to-the-moon-tickets-70368119941
8. Many more FREE EVENTS in Dublin this week HERE