Well Done Home-Street-Home : Congratulations to Laury Poisson & Ed Donnelly who continue to grace Harold’s Cross with their world-class showroom. Their brilliance has been acknowledged as Home-Street-Home has been selected as a Finalist for the Retail Excellence National Store of the Year Award. Drop in to enjoy the experience for yourself. Click: HERE and Click: HERE
2. Welcome USI : A warm Harold’s Cross welcome to the Union of Students in Ireland who have set up headquarters in 12 Shamrock Villas just behind the Old Bakery Store. Keep an eye out for members of the Executive Team – here’s a lovely photo taken in the Park – Click: HERE
3. Planning : The main developments since the last update are :
· Former Kenilworth Motors : DCC granted permissionon 21st September.Further information provided reduces the number of Build-to-Rent apartments by two to 50, in up to 5 storeys. The distance from the Community Centre at Rosary Park has been increased. The Planners Report and Conditions have not yet been posted on the website. They will be in the next few days.
The forecourt is currently set up for temporary occupation by contemporary artists : https://www.kambogram.com with the forecourt set up with seats, tables, coffee, pizza and ice cream facilities. For more Click: HERE
· New Schools at the Greyhound Stadium: Dublin City Council’s (DCC) decision to grant permission for a new car-free educational campus has been appealed to An Bord Pleanála (ABP) by local residents who are concerned regarding proximity and overlooking to their homes and the suitability of Grosvenor Lane as a safe primary access route for several hundred school pupils. The case is due to be decided by 21/12/2021
4. Neighbourhood Cuisine : As we await the reopening of Philip Yeung’s renovated and expanded CRAFT restaurant on October 7th, the new chefs in Locks– down the road – were featured in a review last weekend. Click: HERE. Having said all that, I’m looking forward to Paolo reopening Mizzoni’s after his renovation work.
5. Rathmines through Time & Space (from medieval rath to flatland) : As part of the Dublin Festival of History and to celebrate the publication of Rathmines, Séamas Ó Maitiú will discuss the development of the Dublin suburb on-line on Thursday, October 7th at 7pm. To register for free Click: HERE
6. Ranelagh Arts Festival : The splendid world-class programme-of-events continues until Sunday 26th September. All Welcome. Click: HERE
7. A reminder that 39 superb videos of The 2021 HX Stay @ Home (Almost) Virtual Community Festival events are available. Just click on the word “Link” beside each event on the Festival Home Page.
Here’s contact details for our Kimmage-Rathmines Councillors:
Deirdre Conroy (FF) firstname.lastname@example.org / 086 280 5413
Tara Deacy (Soc D) email@example.com / 087 938 9904
Pat Dunne (I4C) firstname.lastname@example.org / 087 776 4422
Anne Feeney (FG) email@example.com / 087 295 5256
Mary Freehill (Lab) firstname.lastname@example.org / 086 812 6378
Carolyn Moore (GP) email@example.com/ 087 645 280
Many more FREE EVENTS in Dublin this week HERE