A big THANK YOU to all the volunteers who made the Community Festival such a success last weekend. We are blessed to have such a wonderful Park at the centre of the community and so many volunteers making the Festival happen. It’s powerful to see so many locals enjoying each other’s company in the Park. Harold’s Cross take a bow !
2. Classic Cinema Site: Garvagh Homes, a company owned by Northern Ireland-based developer Padraig Drayne, has applied for permission to build a total of 91 apartments on the Classic Cinema site. The development will consist of 58 two bedroom units, 29 one bedroom units, 4 studio units, 177 sq meters of retail space and 199 sq metres for offices in three blocks with five storeys along the street. Details HERE and HERE.
3. Saint Clare’s Convent: Marlet / St. Clare’s GP3 Ltd has applied for permission to increase the number of units under development from 220 to 248. The additional 28 apartments will be accommodated by adding a sixth floor on three blocks. Details HERE.
4. Interested in joining the Terenure Men’s Shed? Free evening on 30th May, 7.30pm Terenure Sports Club (CYM) Open to all. Dinner, refreshments and entertainment. Pop in and have a chat. Details HERE.
5. The Dublin City Community Enhancement Programme 2019 is now open for applications. In brief:
• Total of €212,306 available in Dublin City
• Community and voluntary groups and not-for-profit organisations can apply for a maximum grant of €5,000
• €40,000 is ring-fenced for grants of €1,000 or less
• Deadline for submissions Friday 14th June 2019
6. In case anyone is interested….this Sunday at 10 there will be a yoga session in the little square on Priory Road. It will be a donation class. Aoife Moore will be the teacher https://riverholistic.ie/aoife-moore.
7. Thursday 30th May is World MS Day and the MS Care Centre in Rathgar are having an open day with all sorts of things like a raffle, plant sale etc on Thursday from 10am until about noon. The centre is not just for people with MS but people with other Neurological disorders can go there too – poster attached.
8. Many more FREE EVENTS in Dublin this week HERE