News for 11th of September 2019
Congratulations to the Harold’s Cross Community Clean-up Team who were the winners of the Dublin clean-up day category in the South East City Neighbourhoods Competition 2019. Well done to the Tidy towns committee. Congratulations to Kenilworth Park and Mount Argus Residents Associations who both received a special merit. Click: HERE
2. The transfer of ownership of Rosary Park & Hall (behind Kenilworth Motors) to Dublin City Council has been completed ensuring that this valuable community facility will be available to the residents of Harold’s Cross and environs. The building will have a complete refurbishment in the near future conforming to DCC regulations and standards. Harold’s Cross Youth Club will continue to manage and operate the facilities under a new lease with the stipulation that the facilities are widely used by the local community.
3. Active Planning & development issues:
|Reference||Location||Description||Status & Press|
|2966/10||Mount Argus Mill||180 Residential UnitsPlus 13 units acquired by DCCClick: HERE & HERE||Granted by ABPClick: HERE|
|3792/13||Mount Argus Old Monastery Building||32 unitsClick: HERE||Granted by ABP9 Town Houses refusedClick: HERE &HERE|
|2131/18||Rear of The Stone Boat Pub adjoining Mount Argus Park||9 residential unitsClick: HERE||Refused by DCCClick: HERE|
|4544/17||Saint Clare’s Convent||153 Residential UnitsClick: HERE||Granted by DCC 2018Click: HERE|
|4046/18||Greenmount Motor Company||3 Town Houses &1 Enterprise UnitClick: HERE||Granted by DCC 2019Click: HERE|
|4729/18||Rosie O’Grady’s & adjacent units||70 ApartmentsClick: HERE||Granted excluding a 5th floor 19 Jul 2019Click: HERE|
|4735/18||DD O’Brien’s126 Harold’s Cross Road||2 Blocks / 34 ApartmentsClick: HERE||Granted by ABPClick: HERE|
|2154/19||Orphanage beside Centra||13 ApartmentsClick: HERE||Granted by ABPClick: HERE|
|2409/19||Shamrock Villas / Mountainview Avenue||4 Town Houses &8 ApartmentsClick: HERE||AI Clarification Sought10 Aug 2019Click: HERE|
|3026/19||Classic Cinema & Dublin Street Parking||91 Apartments in 3 Blocks & 5 Storeys Click: HERE||Additional Information Submitted 27 Aug 2019|
|3426/19||Wharton Hall behind Marion’s Daybreak||Retain high roof & change of use Click:HERE||Refused by DCCClick: HERE|
|3513/19||ESB DepotParnell Avenue||55 Units in 2 x 4 storey BlocksClick: HERE||Observations closed19 Aug 2019|
|3592/19||NCBI Furniture Shop beside the Post Office||61 bed Shared Living AccommodationClick: HERE||Observations closed28 Aug 2019|
Development in progress at Saint Pancras and the site at Kenilworth Motors are not included above.
4. The Harold’s Cross Village Community Council AGM takes place on Monday September 30th at 8pm in Peggy Kelly’s – all welcome.
5. Here’s an exciting new performance venue close to the KCR Industrial Estate. Get there on Saturday night for the very first gig ! Click: HERE
The Four Provinces, 25 Ravensdale Park, Kimmage, Dublin. Ph: 0876825306 – Saturday 14 Sep – 9pm
€15 (€ if booked in advance)
This is a new venue. Nice old style pub with original features and character. Run by music lovers, so a comfortable listening gig assured. The eclecticism and sheer joy of NoCrows music is a real pleasure whether live or recorded. Touring their new album, “Escape”, a live album with a few fan favourites and new tunes, including a collaboration with Lisa Lambe and Martin Tourish. With this album they’ll be touring Ireland in September 2019 and the line-up for this concert is Dave Redmond(Bass), Felip Carbonell(Guitar) Anna Houston(Cello/mandolin), Ray Coen(Guitar/Vocals), Oleg Ponomarev (Fiddle).
6. Deis agaibh bhur nGaeilge a chleachtadh ag Féile an Fhómhair @1i.n. Dé Sathairn, 14/09 i bPáirc na Gréine, Bóthar Loch Coirib! Ceol, BBQ, Cácaí, Caife & Comhluadar (imeacht dátheangach) Fáilte roimh chách!
7. Rathfarnham Castle are taking bookings now for a wonderful event taking place on 16th October at 7.30pm. Its Loco Por Lorca, an evening of Spanish poetry, music and visuals featuring Theo Dorgan, Keith Payne, Carlos Beceiro, Jaime Munoz, Cormac Juan Breatnach and Cormac de Barra. Admission to this very, very special event is free, but booking is essential – call at 01 493 9462 or email email@example.com. Click: HERE
8. Ireland’s BIGGEST coffee morning for Hospice returns for it’s 27th year on Thursday September 19th. See: HERE
9. Culture Night is Friday 20 September. Click: HERE
10. Here’s contact details for our Kimmage-Rathmines Councillors:
· Deirdre Conroy (FF) firstname.lastname@example.org / 086 280 5413
· Patrick Costello (GP) email@example.com / 087 943 1494
· Tara Deacy (Soc D) firstname.lastname@example.org / 087 938 9904
· Pat Dunne (I4C) email@example.com / 087 776 4422
· Anne Feeney (FG) firstname.lastname@example.org / 087 295 5256
· Mary Freehill (Lab) email@example.com / 086 812 6378
11. The Sundays@noon free concerts in the Hugh Lane Gallery have started again. Click: HERE
12. Many more FREE EVENTS in Dublin this week HERE