Harold’s Cross Occasional News & Events
1. The 2021 Stay @ Home (Almost) Virtual Community Festival surpassed all expectations. The breadth of topics and the talent presenting each event was truly impressive. Videos of 39 events are available for viewing by clicking on the word “Link” beside each event on the Festival Home Page
2. Planning : The main developments since the last update are :
· Rear of Mount Argus Church & Old Monastery : 8 and 22 apartments respectively
· Michael Grant Motors : 38 Build-to-Rent apartments
· Former Kenilworth Motors : 52 Build-to-Rent apartments. Currently being set up for temporary occupation by contemporary artists : https://kambogram.com/D6HVW99
· Mount Argus Mill : An Bord Pleanála are scheduled to rule on the unauthorised railings and gates by 16th June.
· The Old Orphanage (beside CENTRA) is back on the Market : Click HERE.
· Saint Clare’s : Marlet are off-loading their portfolio of properties including St Clare’s. Click HERE.
3. Playing Pitches at Rear of Mount Drummond : A motion to have the playing pitches at Cathal Brugha Barracks transferred to Dublin City Council for a local public amenity was passed at the April meeting of the South East Area Committee. Given the number of new bed spaces under construction additional open green spaces are essential. The space is chronically underutilised by the military who have ample training space within shooting distance at Manor Kilbride, the Glen of Imaal and the Curragh Camp. Click HERE.
4. New Book On Dublin From Haroldonian Historian:
IN DUBLIN’S FAIR CITY: Discovering Dublin, Discovering Music.
This latest book from Maurice Curtis combines a story of a changing Dublin with a story of music, as seen through the eyes of a young person growing up in the city. In this fascinating saga, we discover a city full of history, mystery, mayhem and magic and catch a flavour of what makes Dublin unique.
The book is available from Alan Hanna’s and Dubray in Rathmines, all good bookshops and Amazon.
5. HXGrow Project : The last in the series of 7 HXGrow talks by the holistic gardener, ongoing author, occasional broadcaster and regular weekend columnist for the Irish Examiner Fiann Ó Nualláin happened on Thursday evening.
You can access all 7 in the HX Grow Learn Library. This is a veritable treasure trove of info, factsheets and all you could need to bring your seeds to fruition. Many thanks to the builders and curators of the platform; Deirdre, Fiona, Kieran and Claudine! The library can be accessed via https://bit.ly/2LqoaW6.
If you would like to join the HXGrow WhatsApp Group Click HERE.
- Here’s contact details for our Kimmage-Rathmines Councillors:
Deirdre Conroy (FF) email@example.com / 086 280 5413
Tara Deacy (Soc D) firstname.lastname@example.org / 087 938 9904
Pat Dunne (I4C) email@example.com / 087 776 4422
Anne Feeney (FG) firstname.lastname@example.org / 087 295 5256
Mary Freehill (Lab) email@example.com / 086 812 6378
Carolyn Moore (GP) firstname.lastname@example.org/ 087 645 2800
- Many more FREE EVENTS in Dublin this week HERE